Sunday 8 August 2010

The Jaguar Diaries

I was planning on continuing my AF posts by ranting on how much I hate the enyo, but then the Jaguar happened. Only finished Minmater frig V a few days ago, and already I've lost three of the things. Four kills with them though, so I'll go through them all.


First Jag met her end to a team of a taranis and an Enyo, a risk that comes with flying solo is that not many others do.

Second jag managed to do this before a manual piloting error on my part caused it to die (I flew into a building). Originally we had a 3 man gang: thrasher, jag and gank vexor but the cyclone made mince out of my wing mates. Had it tackled for a good 10 minutes before a secondary tackler arrived (Kaal reshipped) and then a friendly drake landed.

Third Jag had a bit more luck. Firstly, I probed down a missioning cyclone and when he logged off mid combat I blew him up. I then decided to take for a long roam down past wiskeber. Engaged a raven and a drake solo (because sanity is overrated amIright?). A stabber fleet issue landed at range and I aligned out and warped off. However, the stabber pilot was willing to call a temporary truce to take down these two carebears, which they weren't all too happy about judging from local. Scored a third kill when a tristan decided to engage me on a gate.

However, on my way over to see the EVE gate (and hopefully kill/ransom some tourists) my jaguar met an unfortunate end to a gate camp.

Overall then, I've been charmed by the jaguar. Over the next few weeks, I plan on carrying out some tests of tactics and fits in friendly 1vs1s with alliance mates. Kaal tells me its impossible, but I think I've figured a way of taking down an ishkur with (relative)ease. This means that I'll probably fail epically but it'll be fun.

Until next time o/





4 comments:

  1. Jags are pretty much the only AF that I'd be scared of when flying the ishkur. Make sure to kill all its drones quickly while orbiting out of blaster range. AF's are great fun, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Ishkur, it is a pity that most 0.0 fleets dont require or want a drone based AF.

    Maybe when/if the 4th bonus comes in it will get some more loving...

    I like your site btw, very cool write ups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rantuket, thanks :). Ishkur is still probably my favourite af but sometimes I find her a little sluggish.

    Laedy, that was what I was thinking of actually. Jag is much faster, so should be able to dictate range. Haven't flown it enough yet to really know the jag's limits yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always up for a 1vs1 von :)

    As always a nice writeup and i told you before the ishkur can be beat. I can't wait to see how it all ends in a ball of fire though, it's hellhounds tradition to end it like that :P

    ReplyDelete